Saturday, January 8, 2011

Healthy Snacks for the Kiddos

I LOVE to cook and make things and bake. I think it's some of that southern tradition that is ingrained in me along with the whole being a woman thing.

In my hunt for new healthy recipes to match my 2011 goals of eating more healthily ( don't know if that's a word but  I like it) I found a few things that my kids actually love to eat that are really good for them.

Peanut Butter and Honey Toast aka PBH Muffin

Whole Wheat Toast or English Muffin
1 Tbsp Peanut butter (The purest you can get to it's natrual form is always good)
1 Tbsp Raw honey

I usually spread the peanut butter on the toast and top it with the honey and slice it in fours so little fingers can handle it. I usually do this for a quick breakfast or a snack and serve it to them with an apple or a banana.

Another one that they love is

Yogurt - healthy style

1/2 cup nonfat plain  Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp of raw honey
1 or 2 Tbsp of granola
1 handful of berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.)

I found these two out while making my own snacks, breakfasts, lunches and dinners and they wanted to have a bite. I'm sure there are more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment